- Cut turkey breast into 2.5-cm (1-in.) cubes.
- Mix turkey cubes and remaining ingredients, except for bacon, in a bowl.
- Cover and marinate for 6 to 12 hours in fridge.
- Thread a slice of bacon in a serpentine onto each skewer, inserting a turkey cube in between each fold to create a bacon and turkey zigzag. Leave a little space between the pieces.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- Lightly oil grill and cook brochettes 5 or 6 minutes per side.
- Soak onions in a bowl of ice water to mellow their intense flavour.
- Place tomatoes in a salad bowl, season with salt, and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice cucumbers diagonally. Add to tomatoes along with drained onion slices, olives, and red pepper, if using.
- Drizzle with vinegar, oil, and sprinkle fresh mint. Season with pepper and toss.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, as needed. Top with crumbled feta.
To remove olive pits, place olives in a plastic bag and crush them using a small saucepan or a tin can, or use an olive pitter.
Leftover mint? It makes a great garnish for lemonade or iced tea, or you can use it to make mojitos!