Turkey burritos by Stefano Faita
- In a medium saucepan,heat olive oil over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add onion and garlic. Stir. Cook until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add chili powder and cumin. Continue to cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add kidney beans, tomatoes, and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, until mixture is thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in turkey. When turkey is heated through, add cilantro and remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Oil a 23 cm x 33 cm (13 po x 9 po) baking dish.
- Add about 80 mL (⅓ cup) of the turkey and bean mixture to the centre of each tortilla. Sprinkle with a little cheddar cheese. Roll up each tortilla and place seam-side down in baking dish. Sprinkle each burrito with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and lightly golden brown, about 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with tomato salsa, guacamole, lettuce, and sour cream.
For turkey cooking instruction, refer to this oven-roasted turkey recipe.