- Use a knife to cut the fresh salmon into small cubes and then coarsely chop the smoked salmon.
- Grill the pine nuts in butter over low heat.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve immediately in verrines with homemade bread croûtes.
When fish is consumed raw or partially cooked, it must have been frozen under very precise conditions at a specific temperature to meet Health Canada standards. Drop by your IGA fish department for advice!
Here are three steps to follow at home:
- Refrigerate the fish as soon as possible after purchase.
- Keep it in the refrigerator until it’s time to prepare.
- Remember that if the fish is to be eaten raw or partially cooked, it is preferable to eat it the same day it’s purchased.