- Beat egg yolks, sugar and salt in a bowl until mixture becomes pale yellow. Reserve.
- In a small saucepan, heat cream and milk over medium heat. Do not allow to boil. Slowly pour about one third of hot cream onto the egg mixture, whisking constantly and vigorously. Whisk remaining hot cream into egg mixture and strain.
- Pour preparation into the top half of a double boiler and place over the bottom half. The water should be simmering but not touch the top pan.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the mixture thickens and coats the back of spoon. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla-chestnut cream until well blended. Divide among 10 dessert cups. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat cream over medium heat without allowing to boil. Add chocolate and stir until smooth and well blended. Top each dessert cup with the ganache and return to the refrigerator for an hour.
- Remove the cream from the fridge 5 minutes before serving. Accompany with Compliments Sensations biscotti and Compliments coffee.
Omit chocolate ganache. Once chestnut cream has been refrigerated for one hour, sprinkle generously with crumbled Compliments Sensations double chocolate biscotti.