- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a small bowl, combine shallot, oregano, steak spices and butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make several small incisions in the roast with a knife and fill with shallot butter.
- Season roast with pepper and brush on Dijon mustard. Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Sear roast for 1 minute per side.
- Transfer to a rack set in a roasting pan. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until meat is still pinkish inside and reaches an internal temperature of 70°C (160°F). Set roast on a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Serve roast with mashed potatoes and buttered green beans.
: Season roast the day before and store in the fridge. Then simply place in the oven 1 hour before dinnertime.