Veal Cutlets Saltimbocca on the Grill
- Combine white wine, olive oil, garlic and two s age leaves in a shallow container or a large resealable plastic bag. Add s alt and pepper. Add cutlets and coat well with marinade. Refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour .
- Drain cutlets and cut in half. Place a sage leaf and a half-slice of prosciutto on each half-cutlet. Use a toothpick to secure ingredients in place.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high heat. Oil rac k well.
- Place cutlets on rack and grill for 1 or 2 minutes per side, until meat is done.
- Serve immediately with grilled asparagus or another green ve getable, and ciabatta buns.
- This recipe is normally cooked in a skillet. T o do so, sear cutlets with prosciutto and sage on both sides until the meat is cooked. Remove cutlets and deglaze pan with white wine. Serve immediately with wine sauce spooned over top. These delicious cutlets can thus be enjoyed any time of the year !