- In a bowl, crush tomatoes using a hand masher or scissors.
- Heat 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and basil leaves. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sear cutlets on each side. Place on roasting pan.
- Distribute salami onto cutlets and cover with tomato sauce. Top with mozzarella and romano cheese. Place under the broiler for 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Sprinkle with chopped fresh basil.
- Serve cutlets with broccoli and pasta with olive oil.
Transform your cutlets into paupiettes. Place cutlets between two sheets of plastic wrap and flatten with a rolling pin. Season with salt and pepper on both sides. Distribute salami, mozzarella and romano cheese, and garnish with chopped basil.
Roll up cutlets and secure with a toothpick. Sear cutlets on all sides in an oiled ovenproof skillet. Cook in oven at 200°C (400°F) for 8 to 10 minutes. Serve paupiettes topped with tomato sauce.