- Preheat the oven to 100˚C (200˚F).
- Place a slice of prosciutto on each veal cutlet. Secure with 2 toothpicks and then cut in half. Set aside.
- Heat 5 mL (2 tsp.) of butter and the oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add the broccolini. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, covered, for about 5 minutes or until tender-crisp. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, sear cutlets 1 minute per side over medium-high heat. Remove from skillet and reserve.
- In the same pan, add remaining butter and sauté the shallot for 30 seconds. Deglaze with chicken stock, scraping the bottom of the pan to remove browned bits. Reduce by a third. Whisk in the mustard and cream.
- Remove toothpicks before placing cutlets in skillet. Turn them to cover well with sauce.
- Place 2 half-cutlets on each plate. Cover with a bit of sauce and top with vegetables. Garnish with a slice of mozzarina di Bufala and season with pepper to taste. Serve with risotto, polenta, or mashed potatoes, along with some sliced tomatoes.
CHEF'S SECRET: Bring the mozzarina di Bufala to room temperature for at least 30 minutes so it won't be cold when served.