Veal scallops stuffed with Oka cheese and asparagus
- Flatten scallops slightly between two sheets of waxed paper.
- Spread pesto on each scallop (if desired) and top with a slice of Oka cheese and three asparagus spears per scallop. Roll scallops tightly and secure with toothpicks.
- In a skillet, heat oil and fry scallops for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm. Add a bit of oil to the skillet and sauté shallot for two minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Deglaze pan with white wine and allow to reduce by half. Stir in demi-glace sauce. Season to taste and then reheat until just hot.
- Pour sauce over scallops and serve with mashed potatoes.