Veal Stew à la Québécoise
- Brown the salted pork on medium-high for about 5 minutes in a large, deep pan.
- Add the veal cubes and brown on all sides. Add the water, beer, onion and salted herbs, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
- Add the turnip, carrots and potatoes.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes. Add the green beans, cabbage and corn. Cover again and cook for another 15 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked but still firm.
- Remove from the heat. Add the savory and season with pepper, to taste.