*This recipe is courtesy of Yves Veggie Cuisine®.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on high until it bubbles, then fry onion, carrot, and garlic for around 6 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add mushrooms and cook for around 6 minutes or until tender.
- Add ground round and continue cooking for 15 minutes or until ingredients begin to brown without burning, scraping the bottom of the saucepan occasionally.
- Add wine while scraping the bottom of the saucepan to dislodge cooking juices.
- Add tomatoes, thyme, and rosemary and reduce heat to medium low, then add tomato paste and maple syrup.
- Let sauce simmer 1 or 2 hours, stirring often to prevent sauce from sticking to the bottom of the pot. It should be thick.
- Remove thyme and rosemary sprigs. Add salt and pepper to sauce and serve over pasta of your choice.
Sauce will keep in the refrigerator for up to 6 days.