Vegetable cassolette with poached eggs
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Rehydrate the dried mushrooms in a bowl as directed on the package.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add potatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Halve the potatoes and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high, heat the oil and sauté potatoes for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, onion, peppers, and asparagus, and cook another 5 minutes stirring a few times.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. Continue cooking until broth is reduced to about 15-30 mL (1 to 2 tbsp.) of liquid.
- Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into 4 small casserole dishes, top with cheese, and bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add the vinegar and a pinch of salt. Crack eggs, one at a time, into a small bowl and gently pour each one into the water.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove eggs once the whites set, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towel.
- Place eggs on top of the vegetable mixture and season with salt and pepper, if desired.