- Preheat oven to 200˚C (400˚F).
- Arrange eggplant, zucchini, onion and tomato slices, overlapping, in a 23-cm (9-inch) deep-dish pie plate.
- In a small bowl, stir together maple syrup, olive oil, Tabasco sauce and garlic.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour syrup mixture over vegetables. Sprinkle half of marjoram over top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 50 minutes. Remove foil and continue cooking for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are lightly grilled. Let cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining marjoram and cut into four servings.
- Serve as a side dish for grilled meat or as a main dish on a bed of pasta or couscous.
: Add chunks of goat cheese during the last 10 minutes of cooking.