- Place the halved zucchini on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven at 400 °F (200 °C) for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a non-stick pan, heat half of the oil. Cook the beefless ground for 5 minutes (or until golden brown). Season, then set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining oil. Soften the onions and garlic for 2–3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and basil. Mix. Remove from heat. Add the cooked beefless ground, cheddar, and half of the Parmesan. Mix gently.
- Garnish the zucchini halves with a little tomato sauce. Add the beefless ground filling. Sprinkle on the remaining Parmesan.
- Broil (brown) for 5 minutes.
- Serve with an arugula salad for a complete meal.
Give your beefless ground a nice colour: it will look like real meat and have a caramelized flavour.