- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Bring vegetables bouillon to a boil in a small saucepan. Add couscous; cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes and then cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, place couscous, beet, carrot, shallot, oats, pumpkin seeds, Parmesan, egg, panko, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon and divide into 4 balls.
- Shape into 4 patties and fry in olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Finish cooking patties in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until golden.
- In the meantime, stir together avocado, sour cream, coriander, chili powder, lime zest and juice, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Reserve in the fridge.
- Remove patties from oven and toast buns in oven for 2 minutes.
- Garnish burgers with a spoonful of avocado topping, a few slices of cucumber, and baby arugula.
This recipe is being made available to you as part of My homemade lunch campaign, an initiative of La Tablée des Chefs, presented by IGA in collaboration with the Government of Quebec. Starting August 18th, make a $2 donation in any IGA supermarket to encourage our youth to cook! www.tableedeschefs.org