Venison Medallions in a Balsamic Vinegar and Maple Syrup Reduction
- Heat oil and butter in a frying pan. Add medallions and sear over high heat until desired level of doneness is achieved.
- Salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- In the same pan, add 15 ml (1 tbsp.) oil and brown shallots for 1 minute over medium-high heat. Add balsamic vinegar and reduce for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until syrupy.
- Add maple syrup and reduce for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add beef stock and reduce by half. Add cream and horseradish and stir for 1 minute.
- Add blueberries and cook for 1 minute. Serve over venison medallions.