Wapiti and bison medallions with cajun notes from Christian Bégin
- In a skillet over low heat, sauté the garlic in a little oil, being careful not to let it burn.
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl. Transfer into a pyrex glass dish and marinate the medallions at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours if possible.
- Prepare the potato packets about an hour before the meat has finished marinating. Halve or quarter the baby potatoes depending on size.
- Place on a large sheet of aluminum foil. Mix remaining ingredients together and spread mixture evenly over the potatoes. Close tightly to form a packet. Cook on barbecue over medium-high heat for at least 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, grill peppers directly on barbecue until blackened. Set aside.
- When the peppers have cooled, remove skin and slice into strips. Set aside. Mix together the oil, salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar in a bowl. Add pepper strips and stir to coat well.
- Grill medallions on barbecue over indirect heat (about 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare doneness).
- Serve meat with the grilled green pepper salad and new potatoes in a packet.