- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, oil, hoisin sauce, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Combine the spinach and basil, and divide among four plates. Garnish with red pepper and orange slices. Set aside.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat a large, non-stick grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill steaks about 2 minutes per side, or until desired doneness.
- In the meantime, blanch the broccoli for 2 minutes in a saucepan of boiling water. Drain.
- Heat the vinaigrette about 20 seconds in the microwave, or until smoking.
- Place steaks on a work surface and slice into strips. Divide the broccoli and beef strips onto the spinach. Drizzle with 30 ml (2 tbsp.) of warm vinaigrette and sprinkle on some cashew nuts.
Variation: For a vegetarian version, replace the beef with 375 mL (1½ cups) frozen edamame beans, cooked 1 minute in boiling water.
- If you don't have a grill pan, use a regular non-stick skillet. Add 15 mL olive oil to cook the steaks.
- To toast the nuts, heat a small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add walnuts and stir gently for 1 minute or until they are lightly browned and aroma emerges.