- Slice sirloin tip into strips. Set aside. In a bowl, combine the beer, molasses and mustard. Add the beef strips and mix to coat beef well. Cover and allow to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat 15 mL (1 tablespoon) oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and water, and mix well. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, and then stir in sugar and vinegar.
- Cook, uncovered, for 25 minutes, or until onions are golden. Stir regularly near the end of cooking when the onions begin to stick to the bottom of the pan. Keep cooked onions warm.
- In a skillet, heat remaining oil over high heat. Add drained beef strips and steak spices. Cook for 5 minutes, or until meat is cooked.
- Divide the lettuce, endives and tomato wedges among 4 serving plates. Top with caramelized onions and beef strips, and enjoy.
Variation: Replace beer by red wine and add a few leaves of fresh thyme to the marinade.