- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add pancetta, onion and garlic.
- Sauté, stirring, for about 2 minutes or until onion is translucent (do not allow to brown). Add celery, carrots, potatoes, bay leaves, chicken broth, and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce to medium. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Add zucchini, white kidney beans, and pasta.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce to medium and continue cooking for 8 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove bay leaves.
- Serve in shallow soup bowls, garnished with Parmesan and basil.
: Replace pancetta with bacon. You can also use other legumes, such as red kidney beans, black-eyed peas, black beans, or our Compliments