- Cook wild rice and brown rice according to package instructions. Allow to cool. In a large bowl, combine wild rice, brown rice, onion, kiwi, mango, tomato halves and coriander. Reserve.
- In a small bowl, blend olive oil, fruit juice, lime juice and zest, maple syrup, and hot pepper flakes.
- Pour vinaigrette over rice salad and combine. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Sprinkle salad with toasted coconut at serving time and serve as a side dish to grilled meats. *
- You'll find large pre-toasted coconut flakes at your supermarket. If you can't find any, use unsweetened grated coconut, and toast it yourself. To do so, heat a small non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add coconut and cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant and lightly toasted.
Double the vinaigrette recipe and use to marinate white fish or seafood. One recipe, two uses!