Yummy cream of broccoli soup
How little chefs can help
- Cut the crowns of broccoli into florets. Set aside 125 mL (½ cup) of broccoli florets for decoration.
- In a saucepan, sweat the onions in oil without browning, about 3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and chicken broth and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the cheese and continue cooking until completely melted. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend mixture in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Blanche the reserved florets. Drain.
- Spoon soup into bowls and decorate with a thin stream of cream and reserved broccoli florets.
- Break off the broccoli florets by hand.
- Measure the broth and cheese and add it to the pot.
- Press the buttons to turn on the food processor.
- Garnish the soup with cream.