- Rinse rice in cold water using a sieve. Place rice and chicken broth in a large saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Stir, recover, and cook on low for 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Let stand covered.
- In the meantime, cut pork into strips and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine all sauce ingredients and set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook pork strips for about 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Remove pork from skillet and keep warm.
- Add ginger and garlic to skillet, along with some oil as needed. Heat gently for a few seconds, stirring constantly. Add sauce and bring to a boil. Add bell peppers and bok choys. Mix to combine and bring once again to a boil.
- Return pork to skillet and heat.
- Serve pork stir-fry over a bed of basmati rice.
VARIATION: Swap rice for rice noodles.
Nutrition Note: This hearty stir-fry is an excellent source of protein and iron! It’s also a great way to introduce the kids to mini bok choys, a kind of Chinese cabbage that gives the dish an exotic touch.
Recipe translated from the book Les menus solution famille by Isabelle Huot and Nathalie Régimbal.