- In large bowl, toss zucchini with the salt. Place zucchini in a colander set over large bowl. Let stand 30 minutes. Discard liquid in bowl and wipe bowl dry. On work surface, pat zucchini dry with paper towel. Put back into bowl, toss with thyme and lemon zest. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese evenly in bottom of pie shell. Next, arrange zucchini slices in single layer of overlapping slices over top. Place pie pan on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with cream. Slowly pour egg mixture into pie shell (it will flow under the zucchini slices) and let it spread to edges. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until filling begins to turn golden. Set on wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve tart at room temperature with green salad.
Chef’s secret: Go ahead and replace the store-bought pie shell with your own homemade pie dough! The tart can be made up to one day in advance and kept chilled. It's delicious chilled, at room temperature, or warmed.