Zucchini and Tofu alla Parmigiana by Ricardo
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, soften the onion and garlic in the oil. Add the tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the water. Add to the tomato sauce, stirring constantly. Let simmer for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Zucchini and Tofu
- Meanwhile, with the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the zucchini on the prepared sheet and season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 10 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with the mint. Set aside.
- In an 11 x 8-inch (28 x 20 cm) baking dish, spread one-quarter of the sauce (about ¾ cup). Cover with one-third of the zucchini, one-third of the tofu and one-quarter of the cheeses (about ½ cup). Repeat with the remaining ingredients, finishing with the remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.