Choose two or three different firm or semi-firm cheeses.
Per person, you’ll need:
- 150 g (2 cups) grated cheese in all
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) cornstarch
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) white wine
- A small pinch nutmeg (optional)
- Pepper to taste
Multiply the quantities given by the number of guests. You’ll also need a garlic clove to rub the fondue dish beforehand.
If you like your fondue to be fairly liquid, add more wine. For a thicker fondue, add more grated cheese.
- Rub the fondue dish with a garlic clove.
- Place the grated cheese and cornstarch in the dish, and stir.
- Add wine and gently heat until cheese has melted and texture is smooth.
- Season to taste.