- To store a lobster, simply wrap it in a wet cloth and place it in the coldest part of the fridge, usually the bottom. No longer than 12 hours is recommended.
- In a pot with a lid, bring 2.5 cm (1 in.) of water with 10 mL (2 tsp.) of salt added to a boil.
- Remove the elastics and place the lobster in the pot head first, with its tail folded under. Cover with the lid.
- Allow 12 minutes of cooking time per pound (450 g) of lobster for males and 14 minutes for females. Add 90 seconds per extra half-pound (225 g).
- Transfer the lobster into ice water to stop the cooking process and help the flesh detach more easily.
How do you tell male and female lobsters apart?
Check under their bellies by their legs; males have large hooks and females have small, thin hooks. If you aren't sure, ask your fish and seafood expert. They'll be happy to help you! For more details, visit our blog (in French): https://blogue.iga.net/10-conseils-pour-reussir-son-repas-de-homard-a-la-perfection/