1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. Trim carrots and grate. Chop carrot leaves and chard stems. Reserve.
3. Cut pancetta in cubes. Chop onion and fry with pancetta in a skillet. Reserve.
4. Cut sweet pepper in strips and chop garlic; fry in a skillet. Reserve.
5. Fry Swiss chard and reserve. Fry carrots and reserve. Fry carrot leaves and reserve.
6. Place potato peelings in an ovenproof dish.
7. Add Swiss chard, grated carrot, 250 mL (1 cup) grated cheese, half of onion and pancetta mixture, carrot leaves and stems, and finally the sweet pepper and garlic.
8. Pour milk and cream on top.
9. Bake in oven for 45 minutes.
10. Sprinkle on 250 mL (1 cup) grated cheese and remaining pancetta and onions. Broil in oven.